It is an exciting thing when your bestie or sister or someone close to you says they are pregnant. Ok, so now you want to throw them a baby shower. What on earth do you do? Do you make it a Jack and Jill? How about a diaper party? With so many ideas out there, which one do you choose? Here are some suggestions.
1) Baby Build-a-Library: This is a cute idea. You ask your guests to bring a favourite story from their childhood with a gift card tucked in between the pages.
2) Feather Their Nest: You can give your guests a birdseed ornament (diy) as party favors. Also, the color scheme is completely adjustable to whatever the parents prefer.
3) B is for Baby Letter Party: Letters are super cost efficient decorations that you can organize to fit your theme. You could even buy every letter in the baby’s name to give to the parents as a souvenir.
4) Welcome Young Jedi: You can make Yoda Soda and Wookie Cookies. You can ask your guests to bring Star Wars themed presents too!
5) Rub-a-Dub-Dub a New Duckie in the Tub: This is totally gender neutral and it’s oh so cute! Your guests can bring duckie themed presents or gift cards.
6) For the Future Harry Potter (Gryffindor of course): How cute is that!
7) Your Missing Piece: Your little bundle of joy is your missing piece in your family. How adorable! Create a puzzle using the expectant parent’s picture and incorporate puzzle pieces into your decor!
8) Your Little Minions: This is a great theme for those of you who are expecting twins.
9) Apple of Your Eye: You will have so many apples to make pies with after it’s over. Also, although this example is super ~fancy~, it’s an idea that could be easily put together on a tighter budget.
10) Polka Dots & Pearls: Mandy’s baby shower was an elegant pink polka dots and pearls theme. Guests received a “pearl” necklace from the dollar store when they arrived and the room was decorated in shades of pink with polka dots and pearl strands through-out!